Central Library General Rules
- Entry to the Library is restricted to the bona fide members on production of Institute I-Card only.
- All members are requested to keep their personal belongings at the Property Counter at their risks. Library is not responsible for loss of or damage.
- No Library material including books, CDs, newspapers, magazines etc. should be taken out of the Library until it is issued.
- Members are requested to handle the Library reading materials with utmost care. Mutilation, writing, scribbling, marking, cutting pages will be severely dealt with.
- The use of personal stereos, music sets, walkmans in the Library is not permitted.
- The audible use of mobile phones is not permitted in the Library Study Room.
- Suggestions for procurement of new books & other reading materials, if any, from student members may be sent to the Dy. Librarian.
- Members are requested to leave the reading materials on the reading tables. The Library staff will shelve these materials.
- Smoking, food and drinks are not allowed in the Library Reading Room.
- Members are required to show the Institute I-Card to Library staff at the Circulation Desk the items being taken out, when requested.
- All issue & return of Library materials are handled from the Circulation Desk during its working hours.
- Borrowers are requested to make sure that the books are properly issued or returned.
- Library users are requested to bring their I Card while coming to the Library.
- The borrower is requested to check the books & other reading materials thoroughly for missing pages, chapters, any damages, markings etc. before borrowing.
- No book in damaged conditions may be accepted from the borrower. Mutilated or spoiled books may have to be replaced by the borrower.
- The borrowing facility can be restricted or suspended in case of misbehavior or misuse of the Library facilities/materials.
- Library materials will be issued/returned, only if borrower shows the I Card at the circulation Desk.
- The Institute ID Card used for borrowing Library materials is not transferable and must be produced whenever requested by Library staff.
- Members are held responsible for all items issued on their name, until they are returned by the respective members to the Library.
- Materials designated as Newspapers are not issued out.
- Faculty and staff going on long leave, with or without salary, deputation, study leave, or extraordinary leave will have to return all borrowed materials before leaving the institute.
- No material from the Library should be taken out without proper issue/ recording. Any type of violation may lead to a disciplinary action.
- Print books are issued to a user for a specified time period, for example BTECH students are entitled to have issue period for 14 days. Users has to returned the concerned book within 14 days otherwise fine @ Rs. 5/- per day, per book for first seven days and then onward Rs 10/- per day, per book will be charge.
- If due date is a holiday, automatically next day will be considered as due date and no overdue charges will be collected for that gap period. But if you miss the next day (very next after the holiday), overdue charges for the complete gap period will be charge.
- As the overdue charges calculation formula is already shared with you, you are also requested to bring the change for submission of overdue charges/late return fine.
Book Lost Cases
If a user loses a library book, then he/she has to make an application informing the Deputy Librarian about the lost of the book and comply with the librry rules, as follow:
- Replace the lost book by a new copy (latest one), and pay a processing fee of Rs. 100/- and overdue charges, if any, as per the library rules.
- If you are not able to replace the new book then pay the current price of the lost book and an amount of Rs. 100/- as processing fee and the overdue charges, if any.